Undergrad Advising Information
Updated Major and Minor Requirements!
Undergraduate Major and Minors —
Starting Fall 2022, our NEW MAJOR AND MINOR will take effective for all undergrad students. This will be a NEW, MORE FLEXIBLE course of study that will make it less complicated to complete the requirements for theater, while still enabling students to explore the full range of disciplines within theater and to delve deeper in their particular areas of interest.
The new major makes Theater 130, Contemporary Playwrights of Color, the required course in dramaturgy. It also drops the number of upper-level dramaturgy courses to TWO instead of three. This is in line with the other areas. Additionally, the number of 110 courses drops to two, and students may choose between Performance OR Design, Technology and Management (DTM) courses for their additional elective. The minor will also change the required dramaturgy course from Theater 120 to 130.
To plan your Spring 2023 semester, we have an overview of all courses being offered in Spring 2023, organized by area.
If you have further questions, please feel free to email Interim Undergraduate Program Director Harley Erdman or Administrative Assistant Bethany Sherwood.
Registration Forms and Checklists
- View Spring 2023 courses listed by category
- Permission to Register Form
- Independent Study Registration Form
- UMass Theater Major Checklist
- UMass Theater Minor Checklist
- UMass Theater Upper Level Courses that Fulfill the Major and Minor
- College of Humanities and Fine Arts Academic Forms
- Spring 2023 Ramping Schedule
- List of Spring 2023 Classes
- Schedule Grid of Spring 2023 Classes
- 2022-2023 Department of Theater Undergraduate Handbook