Undergrad Advising Information
Fall 2022 Advising and Registration
Hello Theater Undergraduates!
Pre-registration advising for Fall 2022 will officially begin on Monday, April 4. You will hear from your advisor shortly about setting up an advising appointment.
To view classes on SPIRE, click on "Main Menu", then "Course Guides", then "Search for Classes”.
All freshmen, sophomores, and transfer students who are Theater primary majors are required to meet with their advisors to have the enrollment hold (RAC hold) lifted each semester. Your advisor is the person authorized to lift the automatic hold on your SPIRE account, allowing you to register for classes. Juniors and seniors are encouraged to meet with their advisors as well, though they do not need to do so in order to register for courses.
Undergraduate students will have until Monday, September 12, to make no-record changes to their schedules. For a full list of Fall 2022 dates, please see the academic calendar.
All checklists and registration forms will be available on this page; please scroll down for a list of links. The most up-to-date versions of the course schedules will be posted there once finalized, though SPIRE has a list of courses available as well. Some changes and adjustments may still be pending on SPIRE, but the department schedules, once posted, will be accurate.
Please note that if you fill out the electronic version of a course registration form, you will need to get an electronic signature from the instructor in order to sign up for their class, and that form, once filled out, needs to be emailed to me so I can enroll you.
If you have further questions, please feel free to email me. I’m happy to chat on Zoom if that is preferred, and can give out my Zoom link on request. Take care, and stay safe!
To reach Undergraduate Program Director Harley Erdman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Forms and Checklists
- Permission to Register Form
- Independent Study Registration Form
- College of Humanities and Fine Arts Academic Forms
- List of Fall 2022 Classes
- Schedule Grid of Fall 2022 Classes
- Fall 2022 Dramaturgy Courses
- Fall 2022 Integrative Experience Classes
- UMass Theater Minor Checklist (Simple)
- UMass Theater Minor Checklist (FULL)
- UMass Theater Major Checklist (Simple)
- UMass Theater Major Checklist (FULL)
- UMass Theater Dramaturgy Requirements
- 2021-2022 Department of Theater Undergraduate Handbook