For prospective students and family members, there are many options to consider during a visit:
- Tour of the facility, including studios, rehearsal spaces, and classrooms
- A chance to meet the faculty, including the possibility of sample lessons for students applying to UMass Amherst.
- Sit in on classes and ensembles alongside current UMass students
- A meeting with Mr. Gowen to discuss admissions and audition procedures
For visits to the Dance program, please contact Cathy Maclutsky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view a PDF map with directions for Bartlett Hall and Totman Gym.
UMass Amherst is a mask-welcome campus. Click here to read the most recent updates for COVID-19 related policies for the 2022-23 school year.
General UMass Visit Information
Most department performances take place in these on-campus locations (see Totman Building below for many Dance events):
Tillis Performance Hall
Bromery Center for the Arts
- 1,800 seats
- Primarily for large ensemble performances. Click for full department concert calendar. Click to view ticketed events and purchase tickets.
- In addition to department events, the Fine Arts Center (a separate arts organization from the department) hosts its own events calendar every school year. Click here to view the FAC events calendar.
- Click here for Parking Information and Accessibility Information.
Bezanson Recital Hall
Bromery Center for the Arts – East Wing
- 200 seats
- Primarily for solo recitals and chamber ensembles.
- Located on Level 2 of the East Wing. Click here for PDF map with parking information.
- Accessibility Parking available in Lot 62 (between the Morrill Greenhouses and Olver Design Building).
Google Map View of the Bromery Center for the Arts
- 700 seats
- Primarily for dance, chamber, and large ensembles. Click to view the department events calendar.
- In addition to department events, the Fine Arts Center (a separate arts organization) hosts its own events calendar every school year. Click here to view the FAC events calendar.
- Click here for Accessibility Information and Parking Information
Google Map View of Stockbridge Hall
Totman Performance Lab
- Exclusively for dance performances.
- Click here for a PDF map with parking information.
Google Map View of the Totman Building
Music Wing of the UMass Bromery Center for the Arts (East end)
151 President's Drive, Amherst MA 01003-9330
Main office: Room 273 (2nd Floor)
Classrooms, practice rooms, offices and rehearsal spaces are in the Bromery Center.
Enter from N. Pleasant Street, either through Bezanson Hall lobby or entrance slightly further north.
Parking: Visitors' Center lot along Massachusetts Ave., or meters in Haigis Mall or on Thatcher Road. (Most campus lots are free after 5pm and on weekends)
Performances in 202 Totman Building (Totman Performance Lab)
30 Eastman Lane, Amherst MA 01003-9258
Administrative Dance office: Bartlett Hall, Room 352
130 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003
Bartlett Hall is south of the main Library tower and west of the campus pond.
Totman is in the northern end of campus, near the Northeast, Sylvan & North Residential Areas and the intersection of N. Pleasant Street and Eastman Lane.
Totman Parking: Metered parking is available in Lot 43, next to Totman. Free parking after 5pm and on weekends. The Campus Center Garage is an 8-minute walk away.
George N. Parks Marching Band Building
110 Grinnell Way, Amherst MA 01003-9308
The building is located on the west side of campus, behind the Recreation Center and close to Hicks Way.
Parking: The Campus Center Garage is a short 3-minute walk away.
- While not regularly used as a performance venue, is a major location for rehearsals and classes as well as the center of Marching Band activities on campus.
- Click here for all Contact Info for the Marching Band staff.
- The GNP Building is highlighted on the PDF map to the Music Wing.
Google Map View of the GNP Marching Band Building